Ginger and garlic soup against flue, colds, mucus, and sinus infections
Even though we consider soups to be winter food, they should be a common item in our diet throughout the year. Bacteria and germs are all around us, and we need all the help we can get to fight them and prevent illness.
If you want to prevent flu or a cold, or in case you’re already suffering from one of those, there is a delicious, healthy soup that can make these conditions a thing of the past, and it is made quickly and simply, using only a handful of ingredients. Here’s how to make it:
You will need:
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and diced
- 50 grams of freshly grated ginger root
- 1 medium-hot chili pepper, diced
- 4 diced onions
- 7 cups of chicken stock, or broth (you can also use the vegetable-based variety)
Get a large pot. Put a couple teaspoons of olive oil in it, heat it up, then sauté the ginger, garlic, and the onions in it for a few minutes. Add the broth to the pot. Simmer until the ingredients become soft. Add the chili pepper and simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve while warm, with some crusty bread.
Optional changes and variations:
Add some carrots to the soup to make it more filling, as well as healthier. Just slice the carts, add them to the broth, and simmer until soft.
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon if you’re into the spicy stuff.
Add some cubed pieces of chicken breast, chopped broccoli, and a couple of sliced mushrooms to the soup to make a full meal out of it. Beans are also a great option for vegetarians.
Add some rice or quinoa if you don’t feel like eating meat or just veggies.
There are two major contributors to the healthiness of this soup:
- GARLIC is a host to the compound called allicin. This compound has powerful antioxidant, antifungal, and antiviral properties. It improves our digestive system’s function by boosting our metabolism. Garlic also increases our immunity’s ability to fight intruders, while lowering our blood pressure and improving the circulation of blood through our body. Garlic can also:
- Help with sore throat
- Regulate blood pressure
- Help us with allergies
- Eliminate built up plaque from our arteries
- Regulate our insulin levels
- Help us get rid of parasites
According to recent studies, garlic is the best natural source of anti-flu and anti-cold nutrients. It has been scientifically proven that it reduces the symptoms of common cold and flu by up to 50% in just one day of use!
- GINGER is one of the most common spices used in Asian cuisine. It is considered to be one of the main reasons behind the famous Asian youthfulness and longevity. It has potent antioxidant abilities, and it helps our body prevent and fight inflammation. This makes it highly effective against conditions such as arthritis. Ginger is especially beneficial to our digestive system, and it is famous for its ability to treat the culprits behind nausea and vomiting.