Even though you rarely hear about them, intestinal parasites are a fairly common problem. They come in various shapes and sizes, and many people suffer from this issue without even realizing it.
It’s estimated that more than 300,00 in US alone get trypanosome cruzi per year, a type of parasite that can cause permanent heart and brain damage.
To make sure your stomach and intestines are warm-free; increase these foods in your diet:
- Garlic is one of the most commonly used herbs. Many cultures around the globe use garlic for illness prevention, boosting immunity, and similar issues. As it happens, garlic is also great to use against parasites (giardia, roundworms).
- Coconut oil has seen a boom lately. Everyone and their mom is using it for all types of issues: from skin irritation to beauty treatments. Natural fats contained in the oil are highly beneficial to our organism, and one of the benefits is that it prevents appearance of flukes and giardia. Use it in a smoothie mix, or to cook with.
- Oregano oil is another oil type that has been the talk of the town. It is highly effective way to fight and prevent parasites. The way to consume it is to add a few drops to a glass of water and drink the mixture, do this 3 times a day. Add lemon for better taste.
- Onions contain sulfur compounds that are anti-parasitic. Use onion juice against tapeworms, and thread worms by drinking 2 tsp. of the juice twice a day, for 2 weeks.
- Black walnut tincture is a highly effective way to kill and flush parasites. It’s believed to enrich blood with oxygen, which leads to parasites dying off. Black walnut is NOT recommended to consume during pregnancy or illness.
- Papaya seeds have been clinically proven to obliterate parasites, in 23 out of 30 people. The flavor of papaya seeds is peppery, and they can be eaten on their own, or sprinkled over salads.
- Aloe Vera has been used for centuries around the world, mostly for fighting eye-related infections and burns. This herb is also known for its ability to flush out parasites. Use the juice, gel, powder, or tablet form of Aloe Vera, and it’s guaranteed to help. Pregnant women should consult a medical doctor before consuming the plant.
- Pomegranate bark is used for treating conditions such as diarrhea and dysentery. This tree bark is also able to get rid of parasites, and it’s one of the most effective natural remedies for this cause.
- Almonds are great for easing intestinal irritation, and slowing the growth of intestinal parasites.
Epazote is a native plant of South and Central America, and it’s famous for its use in kitchen, as well as in medicinal purposes. It has been used for centuries to prevent flatulence, as well as to remove tapeworms and hookworms. Grounded leaf plant is used in tea form, while the seeds should be avoided as they can be toxic .